WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. The Bible (66 books) is the divine fully inspired Word of God and nothing else. The closest to the original texts of the Bible are the Greek Textus Receptus and Byzantine New Testament texts and the Masoritic Old Testament text.
( John 17:17, Luke 24:44-45, Romans 15:4, Revelation 22:18-19.)
2. Man is dead in sins and trespasses and will never come to God for salvation on God’s terms unless God saves him/her first (must experience the birth from above).
Ephesians 2:1-2, Colossians 2:13, John 3:3 James 1:18.
3. God has chosen to save a people for Himself (the elect) of every tribe and nation before the foundations of the world based on His good pleasure, not on any good thing found in the elect, but totally according to His grace.
Ephesians 1:4, 2:8, Acts 15:14, Revelation 5:7-8, 2 Timothy 1:9, Titus 3:3-5.
4. God has chosen a limited number of people to be saved (the elect). Jesus Christ as eternal God was crucified for the sins of the elect only, not for all man kind.
Psalm 65:4, Isaiah 53:11-12, Matthew 1:21, John 10:22-29, Revelation 17:8, 20:12-15.
5. God irresistibly draws sinners to Himself when He saves them. God does not offer salvation to any one but commands all mankind to believe on Christ.
John 6:44-45, Ezekiel 34:12, Acts 17:30-31, 1 John 3:23.
6. God preserves those who He has saved in their earthly life for ever to salvation. None of the elect will lose their salvation.
Psalm 37:28, 1 Peter 1:4-5, 2 Thessalonians 3:3,
7. The death of Jesus Christ is the only acceptable payment for sins in the eyes of Almighty God.
Hebrews 9:22, 13:12, John 1:29, 1 Peter 1:18-19.
8. Jesus Christ is eternal God as is the Holy Spirit in the Bible.
Hebrews 1:8, 1 John 5:20, Colossians 1:16-17, Acts 5:3-4, Psalm 33:6.
9. Salvation is by the grace of God, not in any way by the work of man. Man contributes his sin which is in rebellion against Almighty God. His good works are as filthy rags in His sight.
Isaiah 64:6 Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:4-7 2 Timothy 1:8-9.
10. Sunday being the first day of the week is the Sabbath of the New Testament that began when Christ was raised from the dead. Other Old Testament laws such as animal sacrifices, clean and unclean foods and things pertaining to the Old Testament temple have been fulfilled as types of the person and/or work of Jesus Christ and therefore are no longer to be observed today. Otherwise these practices deny Christ’s finished work.
Colossians 2:16-17, Hebrews 10:1, Galatians 5:3-4, Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:1-2.
11. Divorce and/or remarriage is sin and is a denial of the perseverance of the saints.
Malachi 2:16, Matthew 19:4-6, Romans 7:2, Ephesians 5:25-28.-
12. Physical water baptism brings NO salvation as any good works will bring NO salvation.
Ephesians 2:8-9, Hebrews 9:22.
13. Good works (holy living) are to be evident in the professing follower of Christ that can only be credited to God working in them to do of His good will and pleasure.
Ephesians 2:10, Philippians 2:12-13, Titus 3:8, Colossians 1:10.
14. The true believer is commissioned to bring the gospel of the Bible to the whole earth.
Matthew 28:18-19, Acts 1:8.
15. The true believer is to deny Him/Herself as much as possible to get the gospel out into the world.
Romans 12:1, Romans 10:14-15.
16. The Charismatic/Pentecostal teachings that speaking in tongues and miraculous healings are a sign of God working today as He did before the Bible was completed is unbiblical false teaching. This obscures or hides the truth about the need for forgiveness of sins.
Matthew 24:24, Revelation 22:18-19.
17. Christ will return on the last day of this Earth’s existence to judge the living and dead which immediately after will usher in the new Heavens and Earth for His elect sheep and the lake of fire (eternal damnation) for all the unsaved of human history. There will be no political reign of Christ in this sin cursed earth after HE returns since Satan will have been thrown into the lake of fire. We reject the premillenial/ dispensational and post millennial/preterit views of the study of end times.
Matthew 24:3, 29-31, Acts 3:19-21, 1 Corinthians 15:23-24, Acts 24:14-15, John 6:39-40.
18. Hell is eternal in character as the new heavens and earth are eternal in character.
Mark 9:43-48, Revelation 14:10-11.
19. Most if not all church congregations in our day have given the appearance of falling away from being under the authority of the Bible and rather act as though they are an authority over the Bible. God knows the hearts of all and will bring His judgment on all the world, including the unfaithful professing Christian churches which should know better. Membership in a church is no guarantee of salvation.
2 Thessalonians 2:1-3, 1 Peter 4:18, Hebrews 10:30-31, Romans 11:13-21.
20. The true believer must judge righteous judgment and yet must be humble (harmless as doves yet wise as serpents). He/she is not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers and be mature in Christ.
John 7:24, Philippians 2:5-8, Matthew 10:16, 2 Corinthians 6:14-16, 2 Peter 3:18.